School drops nuts from menu

-A A +A
By Chris McGinn

Chris McGinn

For The Lancaster News

When Nathan Powell was just a toddler, his mother, Cristy, tried to gave him a peanut butter cracker for a snack. He wasn’t interested in eating it, but where it touched his skin, he immediately developed hives.

At the doctor’s office later, Cristy learned how close she came to losing her son. If he had ingested it, he likely would have died, she said.

Nathan is one of nine Indian Land Elementary School students with a potentially fatal peanut allergy.

If you subscribe to the newspaper, you receive FREE access to all the exclusive content of the web site! Simply register to receive uninterrupted access to our award-winning and in-depth local online content!

Renew Current or Past Subscription / Register for Online Subscription

If you currently subscribe or have subscribed in the past to the The Lancaster News, then simply find your account number on your mailing label and enter it below.

Click the question mark below to see where your account ID appears on your mailing label.

Newspaper Acct. ID:
Street Address:
(exactly as it appears on the label)

If you are a subscriber and you do not know your account ID or don't have a copy of your newspaper available that shows the information on the address label you can click continue below to search for your account.

Special Offer

You have used all your free page views for the month however if you wish to create a FREE limited access account you will be able to view a additional 3 pages per month.

You can also purchase a subscription and have full access to the site. To purchase a subscription simply enter your zipcode below

ZIP Code:

The Lancaster News | circulation@thelancasternews.com | 803-283-1133
PO Box 640; 701 North White St, Lancaster SC 29720
Office Hours are 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday