.....Advertisement.....
.....Advertisement.....

IL man dies in house fire

-A A +A
By Kayla Vaughn

An Indian Land man died in a house fire on Camp Cox Circle early Sunday morning.

The Lancaster County Coroner’s Office said Harold Kenneth Miller Jr., 51, died from carbon monoxide poisoning and thermal injuries.

According to Lancaster County Fire Marshal Russell Rogers, there were three adults in the house when the fire broke out around 1 a.m. Sunday, but Miller never made it out.

There were no working smoke alarms in the home, Rogers said. One of the family members woke to the smell of smoke and alerted the other two of the fire.

“The family turned around, and he wasn’t behind them,” Rogers said. “It’s heartbreaking. Sometimes it only takes one breath of that toxic smoke to pass out and not be able to come back.”

The Indian Land and Pleasant Valley volunteer fire departments responded, along with Fort Mill Fire Department.

Rogers said the fire is still under investigation, but he believes it was accidental.

 

Follow Kayla Vaughn on Twitter @kaybvaughn or contact her at (803) 416-8416.