.....Advertisement.....
.....Advertisement.....

Fire destroys Buford home that couple built in 1977

-A A +A
By Kayla Vaughn

A Buford couple turned into their Walnut Road driveway Monday afternoon to find firetrucks in the yard and flames shooting through their roof.
Jim Helms said he and his wife, Debbie, had lived in the home for more than 40 years. The house was destroyed.
“It feels just like losing a family member,” he said while watching foam and ash fly from the house as firefighters finished putting the fire out.
Lancaster County Fire Marshal Russell Rogers said the blaze began as an electrical fire in the wall and spread into the attic shortly after 4 p.m.


If you subscribe to the newspaper, you receive FREE access to all the exclusive content of the web site! Simply register to receive uninterrupted access to our award-winning and in-depth local online content!

Renew Current or Past Subscription / Register for Online Subscription

If you currently subscribe or have subscribed in the past to the The Lancaster News, then simply find your account number on your mailing label and enter it below.

Click the question mark below to see where your account ID appears on your mailing label.

Newspaper Acct. ID:
info
Street Address:
(exactly as it appears on the label)

If you are a subscriber and you do not know your account ID or don't have a copy of your newspaper available that shows the information on the address label you can click continue below to search for your account.

Special Offer

You have used all your free page views for the month however if you wish to create a FREE limited access account you will be able to view a additional 3 pages per month.




You can also purchase a subscription and have full access to the site. To purchase a subscription simply enter your zipcode below

ZIP Code:

The Lancaster News | circulation@thelancasternews.com | 803-283-1133
PO Box 640; 701 North White St, Lancaster SC 29720
Office Hours are 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday