.....Advertisement.....
.....Advertisement.....

Afraid for my own generation

-A A +A

Afraid for

my own

generation

Being 16 years old in 2014 has its benefits. I could not imagine living back in the technological “stone age,” so to speak, where not everyone owned TVs, computers or cell phones. However, there are far more bad things about growing up in this age than good. The human race, for the most part, seems to be going down the evolutionary ladder in terms of intellect. Probably more than half of my generation does not understand vital things that they need to know to be productive members of society.

If you do not believe me, ask some random kid on the street who our senators are. I guarantee you, that 95 percent cannot tell you either one, much less both. However, ask the same kids to name some rappers, and they’ll probably list about 40.

News flash, the society is headed for an unintelligent liberal waste land, where 4 or 5 percent of the population, will control the other 95 percent.

Parents, I beg of you, teach your kids things that matter. Honestly, what does it matter if your child can recite all of Nicki Minaj’s “Anaconda,” if he or she can’t tell you who the current vice president is.

If you read this article and say, “Oh, well my child is smart, he or she has straight A’s, then you might need to learn, too.

If your child can graph a polynomial function, that’s great, but they still need to be able to form their own opinions.

Chandler Norville

Kershaw