If you are going to shoot off fireworks, here are some suggestions from safety organizations:
• Only use fireworks outdoors.
• Obey state and local laws.
• Always have water handy with a hose or buckets of water. If water is not available, keep a fire extinguisher nearby.
• Have a cell phone nearby and call the local fire department quickly if fire breaks out.
• Only use fireworks as intended. Do not alter or combine them.
• Use a Pyrotorch rather than lighters, matches or punks to light fireworks.