Now that the Health Care Bill has become law, it is important to note what it will mean for residents in the 5th Congressional District.
- It will improve coverage for 412,000 residents that already have health insurance.
- It will extend coverage to 75,000 uninsured residents.
- It will give tax credits and assistance to 195,000 families.
- It will allow tax credits to 12,300 small businesses to help them afford health coverage for all their employees.
- It will develop a program to help early retirees afford coverage.