- Special Sections
- Public Notices
Officials say a smoke detector may have prevented a Sunday afternoon fire from being much worse than what it was.
Firefighters received a call shortly after 3:30 p.m. Sunday about a fire at a two-story house at 6616 Camp Creek Road. The home is located in the Tradesville community in the northeastern part of the county, not far from the state line.
When firefighters arrived, flames were coming from the garage and the kitchen area and later shot through the roof, said Lancaster County Fire Marshal Stephen Blackwelder.
If you currently subscribe or have subscribed in the past to the Lancaster News, then simply find your account number on your mailing label and enter it below.
Click the question mark below to see where your account ID appears on your mailing label.