- Special Sections
- Public Notices
Six roads remained closed Tuesday, Sept. 18, after more than six inches of rain fell in the Eastern part of Lancaster County on Monday.
Lancaster County Fire Marshal Stephen Blackwelder said the following roads are closed to through traffic:
– Carnes Wilson Road (Lancaster County maintained)
– Deer Track Circle (Lancaster County maintained)
– Gills Creek Drive (Lancaster County maintained)
– Hough Road (Lancaster County maintained)
– Logging Road (Lancaster County maintained)
– Doster Road (S.C. Department of Transportation maintained)
Blackwelder said in a press release the closing are due to damage to the roadways and shoulders as a result of heavy flooding. There is no definite time frame for the reopening of these roads at this time.
“At this time, SCDOT and Lancaster County Public Works are evaluating the damage, developing plans and beginning repairs where possible,” Blackwelder said. “These efforts are being hampered due to continuing rainfall in the area today. As of 11 a.m. Tuesday, no additional flooding has been reported.
“We’re keeping a close eye on everything because heavy rain is forecast later today (Tuesday),” Blackwelder said. “There have been no additional problems, but who has a crystal ball?”
Contact Gregory A. Summers at (803) 283-1156