- Special Sections
- Public Notices
I find two recent letters to the editor to be stunning examples of ignorance of history and just plain myth.
Rudy Schmidt consistently distorts history and wears the distortion like a badge of honor – to quote someone who I’m sure is one of his heroes – “There you go again.”
Franklin Whittlesey Sr. is full of historic inaccuracy that I hardly know where to begin.
1. Where does one find the “fact” to prove Obama has “contempt” for the U.S. or its Constitution?
2. America was founded on reason and the rule of law.
3. The document of freedom was the Declaration of Independence – which speaks only of “nature’s God.”
4. The Constitution does not mention God, Jesus or any other diety.
5. Jesus Christ has not been eliminated from our government because he was never in it.
6. Lincoln said “a house divided against itself cannot stand” – if you use quotations they should be accurate.
7 Abortion – Cambodia – Khmer Rouge, that’s really stretching it.
8. The oil spill was caused by BP’s attempt to skirt regulations and safety issues.
9. Obama the most “dreadful politician?” My goodness, please read some history.
10. Where does one find the “fact” to prove Omama is “personally responsible for misery and hardship” for millions of people?
Finally in our age where facts are easily found – I’m continually mystified that so many people ignore them.
If you have some free time, there’s a new library in Indian Land.
Perhaps you two could ask for directions.