- Special Sections
- Public Notices
According to Lancaster Police Department reports:
– A car trailer was stolen from behind Bullet Motorsports on S.C. 9 Bypass. The trailer, which was used to haul motorcycles, is 18-feet by 8-feet with wood flooring. The owner told an officer that he believes the trailer was taken sometime around Christmas. The trailer is valued at $5,800.
– Three men were charged with drug possession after a traffic stop on South Market Street on Jan. 19.
Officers stopped the car because the driver, Jeffery Michael Tolbert, 17, 996 Country Lane, Elgin, was not wearing a seat belt. Officers later learned that the car Tolbert was driving was not insured.
Officers found a bag of marijuana in the car’s ashtray, the report said. Tolbert, and two passengers, Joshua Norton Stapleton, 23, 1659 Evans Drive and Christopher Lamar Watson, 20, 1659 Evans Drive, were charged with simple possession of marijuana.
– Someone apparently used a landscaping rock and a brick to break three windows at a Somerset Drive home between 11 a.m. Jan. 16 and 2 p.m. Jan. 17. Damage to the home was estimated at $1,500.
According to Lancaster County Sheriff’s Office reports:
– A heating and air-conditioning unit was reported stolen from an Airport Road home on Jan. 15. The home is for sale. The unit is valued at $4,000.
– Fire damaged a Hillcrest Avenue home about 9 p.m. Jan. 16.
According to the report, a woman told a deputy that her son was in the living room playing video games when he noticed fire coming from the wall around the chimney. The woman said her boyfriend went to the attic to try to the put the fire out with a fire extinguisher.
Gooches, Elgin and McDonald Green volunteer fire departments responded to the fire, which caused an estimated $5,000 in damage.
– Someone pried open the door at Darryl’s TV Repair on S.C. 9 Bypass on Jan. 19, causing the door glass to break.
The burglar then reached in through the broken glass and unlocked the door to get inside the business. A Toshiba 46-inch TV, a Vizio 37-inch TV, Panasonic surround-sound system and a security camera were taken from the business. The total value of the items is $2,625. Damage to the building was listed at $300.
– A Lancaster man reported damage to his motor home parked at a University Drive home. Damage to the walls of the motor home was estimated at $500. A Magnavox TV and RCA VCR were stolen from the motor home. The electronics are valued at $1,000.
– A deputy investigating a burglary at an East Richland Street home in Kershaw charged a man with marijuana possession.
The deputy noted several marijuana cigarettes around the home that had been burglarized, the report said.
Vincent Eugene Bradley, 25, 618 E. Richland St., was charged with simple possession of marijuana.
If you know anything about any of these incidents, please call the Lancaster Police Department at 283-1171 or 283-3313 or the Lancaster County Sheriff’s Office at 283-4136.
– Compiled by Jenny Hartley