- Special Sections
- Public Notices
According to Lancaster Police Department reports:
– Mario Mandrell McIlwain, 31, 225 North Circle, and Erick Vaughn Crawford, 29, 2522 University Drive, were each charged Dec. 12 with simple possession of marijuana.
An officer spotted McIlwain and Crawford sitting in a parked Acura while checking on Crawford Funeral Home on West Meeting Street, the report said.
The vehicle’s windows were fogged from smoke and the inside smelled like marijuana, the report said.
The officer saw a lit marijuana blunt on the right front passenger floor board, the report said.
Neither McIlwain nor Crawford took possession of the marijuana, so both were arrested and charged, the report said.
– Brandon J’Wan Coleman, 22, 416 E. Gay St., was charged Dec. 12 with trafficking crack cocaine, simple possession of marijuana – third offense, and possession of drug paraphernalia.
Police were patroling Hazel Street when they saw Coleman walk one way and then turn around, the report said.
An officer followed Coleman to a home on Hazel Street, where they found a bag of crack cocaine in his pocket, the report said.
Coleman also had a set of digital scales and two more bags of crack cocaine, the report said.
The crack cocaine weighed 12.5 grams, the report said.
According to Lancaster County Sheriff’s Office reports:
– A Lancaster man drove his Chevrolet pickup truck through the side wall of Dixie Food Mart on Pageland Highway on Dec. 13.
The man told a sheriff’s deputy he was at the gas pump about 5:45 p.m. when he accidentally took his foot off the brakes, the report said.
The damage is estimated at $5,000. No injuries were reported.
– Someone stole a Sony car stereo and about 150 CDs from a vehicle parked at a Summit Avenue home on Dec. 12.
The stolen items are valued at $2,170.
– Someone damaged a Prentice 410DX loader by cutting a hydraulic line on Dec. 12. The incident happened on Red Hill Road.
The damage is estimated at $1,100.
If you know anything about any of these incidents, please call the Lancaster Police Department at 283-1171 or 283-3313 or the Lancaster County Sheriff’s Office at 283-4136.
– Compiled by Jesef Williams