- Special Sections
- Public Notices
According to Lancaster County Sheriff’s Department reports:
- Derik Joel Munguia, 24, 708 Woodland Drive, was charged March 1 with trafficking cocaine and simple possession of marijuana.
According to the report, a deputy on patrol stopped in the rear parking lot of Second Baptist Church, 1426 Great Falls Highway, about 3:15 p.m. March 1 after seeing a white Jeep parked near the playground there with three people sitting in it. The deputy could smell marijuana coming from the Jeep and when he questioned the trio, Munguia, who was sitting in the backseat, admitted he had been smoking marijuana, the report said.
The report said the driver and other passenger were released after the car was searched.
After Munguia was arrested and taken to the detention center, the report said a search turned up a bag of marijuana in Munguia’s right sock and a small bag of cocaine in the waistband of his jogging pants.
- Jonathan Scott Hargett, 19, 3112 Pageland Highway, was charged Feb. 21 with disturbing the peace and simple possession of marijuana.
According the report, a deputy went to Hargett’s home for a disturbance and heard Hargett screaming and cursing at someone inside the house.
When the deputy went into Hargett’s bedroom to talk to him, the report said the deputy saw a bag containing two marijuana blunts in plain view on the nightstand.
- A black, 10-foot-by-5-foot single axle trailer valued at $1,200 was stolen from a home in the 4500 block of Shiloh Unity Road between 10 a.m. Feb. 19 and 3:50 p.m. Feb. 20.
- Mitchell S. Pate, 21, 2844 Beth Drive, was charged with simple possession of marijuana on Feb. 28. According to the report, a deputy on patrol stopped Pate in the Food Lion parking lot on Airport Road about 8:30 p.m. for speeding.
The report said Pate was acting nervous and gave the deputy permission to search the car.
After a partially smoked marijuana cigarette was found in the back seat ashtray, Pate was issued a ticket for the drug charge, the report said.
- A Compact Presario computer tower, a Sony flat-screen computer monitor, a 512 SG computer chip and a Samsung cellular phone, worth about $1,605, were stolen from a Hoke Road home in Heath Springs between noon and 8 p.m. Feb. 27. A suspect is listed in the report.
- A toolbox containing $11,000 worth of jewelry, $4,000 cash and two payroll checks was stolen from a car parked in the driveway of a South Matson Street home in Kershaw between 7 p.m. Feb. 28 and 8 a.m. March 1.
The report said there were no signs of forced entry and the car may have been unlocked.
- Someone ran into the side of Buford Express, 4433 Pageland Highway on Feb. 28.
According to the report, a clerk heard a loud crash outside the building about 3:12 a.m. and then saw a gold Chevrolet pickup with three men inside speeding out of the store parking lot. Damage to the building is listed at $7,000.
According to Lancaster Police Department reports:
- Brent Michale Jowers, 17, 1843 Shelton St., was charged March 3 with possession of drug paraphernalia and reckless driving.
According the report, an officer tried to stop Jowers near Oakhaven Apartments about 1 a.m. after clocking him speeding near the intersection of Myers Circle and Plantation Road. The report said Jowers told the officer he was trying to get away because he did not want a ticket. When Jowers’ car was searched, the officer found digital scales in the glove box with marijuana residue on them, the report said.
- Jamarcus Marquis McCloud, 17, 313 S. Ferguson St., was charged Feb. 2 with simple possession of marijuana.
According to the report, officers were searching a Sumter Street home about 1 p.m. for McCloud, who was wanted for an unrelated charge. After finding McCloud there, he was arrested and officers found a small bag of marijuana in his right coat pocket, the report said.
If you know anything about any of these incidents, please call the Lancaster Police Department at 283-1171 or 283-3313.
– Compiled by senior reporter Jenny Hartley and Gregory Summers