- Special Sections
- Public Notices
According to Lancaster Police Department reports:
• John Henry Jones Jr., 51, 2300 Neal Switch Road, was charged Dec. 10 with simple possession of marijuana, possession of cocaine, driving under the influence, driving under suspension, possession of drug paraphernalia, open container violation and failure to surrender drivers license.
• Robert Duie McClain, 45, 1629 Home Circle, was charged Dec. 11 with simple possession of marijuana and seat-belt violation.
u An employee at a Lancaster convenience store reported an assault on Dec. 11. Officers spoke to the employee at Twins Grocery, 222 S. York St., who said a man she knew came into the store and swore at her. She told officers that the man then walked around a desk and hit her several times in the face and chest. The man then left the store on foot.
• Chiyoka Tiesh Wade, 29, 300 Louise St., was charged Dec. 12 with simple possession of marijuana.
• John Lester Coy, 20, 1758 Grace Ave., was charged Dec. 15 with simple possession of marijuana and speeding.
Devan Kyle Nottingham, 19, 570 Boyd Faile Road, was also charged with simple possession of marijuana.
According to Lancaster County Sheriff’s Office reports:
• Deputies are searching for two women who cashed fake checks Nov. 27. An employee of Lucky 99 convenience store at 2779 Pageland Highway told deputies that two women came into her store on Nov. 27, each asking to cash a check from the City National Bank of Miami. One check was for $3,472, while the other was for $3,285, an incident report said. The employee said that she told the women they could only cash $500 each until the checks cleared, and they took that money and left the store. She told deputies that the bank called her on Dec. 7 and said the checks were fraudulent.
• A Lancaster woman reported several items were stolen from her home between Dec. 9 and Dec. 10. The South Jackson Road resident told deputies that a man she knew had taken $3,000 worth of clothing and $100 worth of food from her house after an argument.
• Deputies arrested a Lancaster man Dec. 10 after he chased another car and crashed into it with his car, a report said. Tony Sheril Gladden, 38, 1639 Franandel Dr., was arrested after deputies said he followed his wife and another man while they were driving north on Charlotte Highway and crashed into their car. Deputies spoke to all three people involved and learned Gladden sped around his wife’s car, slammed on his brakes and caused the two cars to crash into each other, the report said. Damage to both cars is estimated at $7,000. Deputies arrested Gladden for assault and battery, aggravated criminal domestic violence and malicious injury to property, the report said.
• Counterfeit money was found at a Lancaster convenience store on Dec. 15. Deputies spoke with an employee at Dixie Food Mart, 3586 Pageland Highway, about a counterfeit $20 bill that the store had received. The employee said the store received the counterfeit money sometime between Dec. 13 and 15.
u Stephen Ray Rogers, 42, 417 E. Ridge Road, was charged Dec. 15 with simple possession of marijuana and driving under the influence.
If you know anything about any of these incidents, please call the Lancaster Police Department at (803) 283-1171 or (803) 283-3313, or the Lancaster County Sheriff’s Office at (803) 283-4136.
– Compiled by Chris Sardelli.