- Special Sections
- Public Notices
Looking for some all-American Independence Day fun? You won’t have to look far. From neighborhood gatherings to professional fireworks shows, there’s plenty to do. Here are some area events:
– Rock Hill will host Red, White and Boom at 6 p.m. today at the Old Town Amphitheater on Black Street. The Oneppo Brothers and ZoSo will perform until the fireworks begin at 10 p.m. There will be children’s activities and food. For details, e-mail email@example.com.
– Charlesboro’s annual July 4 parade begins at 10:30 a.m. Saturday at New Haven Baptist Church. Participants must have a safe vehicle and U.S. flag. Spectators may want to bring chairs.
– Potters House Baptist Church, 7393 Croxton Road, Kershaw, will hold a July 4 celebration at 11 a.m. Saturday., with hot dogs until 1 p.m., singing and more.
– Heath Springs will hold a July 4 parade at 6 p.m. Saturday. Participants must have a patriotic banner or flag. Lineup begins at 4:30 p.m. on Main Street. Tetrox performs after the parade.
– Waxhaw will have a July 4 parade, party and fireworks. The parade is 10 a.m. Saturday in downtown Waxhaw. The beach party is 5:30 p.m., featuring Mark Roberts & the Breeze, shag dance instruction, kids’ activities and food. Fireworks are 9:30 p.m. at Jackson Station beside CVS. Visit www.waxhaw.com for details.
– Fort Mill will hold its annual Independence Day cannon firing at 10 a.m. Saturday at the bandstand on Main Street. It will include an announcement about a new veterans military park.
– Historic Brattonsville will have an American Independence celebration from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday, with 19th-century photography and cooking demos, musket firings, stories, dances and more. Cost is $6 adults, $3 youth. For details, call (803) 684-2327.
– Paramount’s Carowinds in Fort Mill will hold a July 4 barbecue from noon to 3 p.m. Saturday, a swimsuit competition and country music, followed by its Night of Fire fireworks show at 10 p.m. Visit www.carowinds.com for details.
– The WBT Skyshow starts after the July 4 baseball game at Knights Stadium on Saturday. The Tailgate Party opens at 5 p.m. The game starts at 7:15 p.m., with the fireworks show and WBT Briarhoppers concert after the game. Visit www.wbtskyshow.com for details.
– Lake Wylie offers a fireworks show over the water at 9:45 p.m. Saturday. For details, call (800) 866-5200.