- Special Sections
- Public Notices
Filing for City Council Districts 3, 4 and 6, and Lancaster County school board Districts 2, 4 and 6 opened at noon Friday.
Candidates who announced they were running for Lancaster City Council seats in July officially entered the race on Friday.
Here's who filed for City Council:
– District 3 – incumbent Audrey Curry and former City Councilwoman Linda Blackmon-Brace
– District 4 – incumbent Bill Sumner and political newcomer Tamara Green
- District 6 – John Griffin
Blackmon-Brace, Sumner and Green announced earlier that they would run for City Council.
Those who filed for school board were:
– District 2 – incumbent board chairwoman Charlene McGriff
– District 4 – incumbent Dr. Peter Barry and pastor, the Rev. AnThony Pelham
The District 6 school board seat is held by Margaret Gamble. No one filed for that seat on the first day of filing.
Candidates may file for the non-partisan offices at the Voter Registration office at the County Administration Building, 101 N. Main St.
Filing closes at noon Aug. 15. Cost for filing for City Council is $35. There is no filing fee for school board.
For details, call election official Cassie Stump at 285-2969.
Contact senior reporter Jenny Hartley at email@example.com or at (803) 283-1151