- Special Sections
- Public Notices
There were no last-minute candidates to file for Lancaster City Council and Lancaster County school board seats Friday, but one candidate has withdrawn.
Filing closed at noon Friday.
John Griffin filed for City Council District 6, but withdrew because he later learned he lives in District 5, Lancaster County election official Cassie Stump said.
The only candidate now seeking the District 6 race is Sara Eddins. Incumbent Danny O'Brien decided not to run for re-election.
Here's a complete list of those who filed for the non-partisan City Council and school board seats:
– City Council District 3 - Incumbent Audrey Curry Jr. and Linda Blackmon-Brace
– City Council District 4 - Incumbent William B. "Bill" Sumner and Tamara Missy Green
– City Council District 6 - Sara Eddins
– School board District 2 - Charlene McGriff
– School board District 4 – Incumbent Peter N. Barry and Anthony Pelham
– School board District 6 – Incumbent Margaret Gamble and Robert W. Pelot
District 1 filing
Longtime District 1 City Councilman Preston Blackmon died Aug. 3, and his son, Racarda Blackmon has announced he will run for his father's seat.
Candidates may file for the District 1 seat at the Voter Registration office at the County Administration Building, 101 N. Main St.
Filing for that seat, which has about two years left in the term, begins at noon Friday and will end Sept. 4. The filing fee is $35.
For details, call the Voter Registration office at 285-2969.
Contact senior reporter Jenny Hartley at email@example.com or at (803) 283-1151